Planning A Summer Ball or Prom Night
Have you been thrown in at the deep end and need a little help with planning a Summer Ball or Student Prom Night? Our handy 10 point guide takes you through some of the planning processes and hopefully guide will go some way to helping you organise, advertise, fund and run an excellent event.
1. The Team – The most important factor in making your Ball go well and the organisation go smoothly is to choose a team that can work well together. Assign roles and open up an email trail with your selected members, ensure everyone is on board with the different responsibililities and allow people to have confidence to handle big things such as budget and venue choice.
2. The Theme – Want to make your event fun, distinctive and memorable? Aces Fun Casinos hold stock of Las Vegas themed banners which ensure the casino area stands out. We also offer James Bond 007 Casino Royale themed fun casino nights.
3. The Money – Budgeting is never easy, especially when you’ve no idea how much anything costs. Agree on a budget range, with a ceiling level and break it down into sections. Have confidence when asking for prices, ask for added value and have a list of pre prepared questions for the venue, or catering for example.
4. The Venue – Start by figuring out the attendance numbers and Google search for venues with this capacity. Ask about fire regulations and the times the venue will be available on the night/during the day so you can agree timeslots for the entertainment, catering and any electrical equipment that needs to be set up.
5. The Food – Often the venue will offer food as part of the package, other times external catering companies will need to be researched. For outside occasions whereby a marquee is required you can consider a Hog Roast, or even a BBQ setup. For inside events you’ll need to decide whether a hot sit down meal is viable as opposed to a finger buffet.
6. The Entertainment – From live music, to DJ’s to a Fun Casino – there’s so many choice options. Click here to send a message via our contact form or call FREE on 0800 107 7001 to reserve your Summer Ball date with us.
7. The Guests – How are you inviting people and how will you track attendance figures? Google Drive offers online Cloud documents and spreadsheets that can be instantly shared between several people.
8. The Tickets – Are you having tickets printed? Do you have artwork ready or do you need a talented logo designer to do this for you and organise printing all at once? We work with UK Web Promotions in Somerset and are happy to recommend their services.
9. The Night – Well done you made it! Finally the date had arrived. If the event is ticketed you’ll need to organise people to meet and greet on the door and collect tickets and to deter unwanted gatecrashers.
10. The Checklist and Legalities:
- The Venue (check security, opening/closing times, food, table decorations and settings, theming)
- Additional items for the venue for example if you’re bringing your own wine, table decorations, prizes, music etc. Is there a sound sytem?
- The Ticket Check (printing, distributed, not oversold, capacity versus attendance)
- Entertainment at the venue (Fun Casino tables, Roulette, Blackjack – the DJ or live music, photographers etc. when all are arriving, leaving, performing, whether you have include them in the buffet or food numbers)
- Transport to and from the venue – local taxi companies or minibus hire?
- Risk assessments (if required) for fire exits and insurance on the day
Corporate and Event Casino Table Hire
We are an Accredited Fun Casino Member. Our knowledgeable sales associates will walk you through the process of producing your event. Once your event starts our casino party manager will make sure your guests will be treated to the most fun, authentic casino night experience possible without losing your shirt.
Remember, when choosing a casino night company for your Summer Ball you never get a second chance to make a great first impression. Don’t “roll the dice” on your casino event. Send a message via the Contact Form.